Job Title: Director, International Sales and Operations
Responsible for: SVP, International and Strategic Partnerships
Place of work: 4 Place Pancras
Music is universal
It’s the passionate and dedicated team at Universal Music that helps make us the world leader in music. From A&R to finance, legal to digital, sales to marketing, Universal Music is the perfect place to grow and develop your career with a truly business-driven, innovative company that leads in everything it does. .
Everyone is welcome to apply for our positions, and we are committed to ensuring that no candidate or employee receives less favorable treatment because of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation , religion, beliefs, age, marital status, background, pregnancy or family responsibilities. . We also recognize the importance of diversity of thought within our teams and are fully committed to embracing the talents of people with autism, dyslexia, ADHD and other forms of neurocognitive variation.
We will always seek to make the appropriate adjustments to recruitment, workplaces and work processes to be fully inclusive for people with different needs and working styles. If you need us to make any reasonable adjustments for you from the application, including alternatives to the online form or to disclose a neurocognitive condition, please email [email protected]
Side A: A Day in the Life
Bravado is the leading global provider of consumer, lifestyle and brand management services for recording artists and entertainment brands worldwide. A member of Universal Music Group, the leader in music-based entertainment, Bravado has representatives in 40 countries, providing services such as sales, licensing, branding, marketing and e-commerce. Their extensive global distribution network gives artists and brands the ability to connect deeper with their fans through unique apparel, consumer packaged goods and experiences on tour, online and at retail.
This position is responsible for the direction and results of the Sales and Operations function of the merchandising organization. The Sales and Operations Manager will be responsible for the operational oversight of international business (excluding UK and US) and having detailed knowledge of everything that happens day to day.
The Director, Sales and Operations will play a key role in building artist merchandising businesses in international markets. The role focuses on retail and licensing and will act as a liaison between Bravado’s central operations and UMG’s global merchandising teams. Maintaining operations and the proper execution of retail and licensing agreements, from submission to artist approval, are essential. The role will also be engaged in overall merchandising strategy, international market development and identifying overseas revenue growth opportunities.
The B side: skills and experience
- Supervise operationally, international affairs (excluding UK and US) and have a detailed knowledge of everything that happens on a day-to-day basis:
- Oversee the execution of Bravado’s international merchandising strategy, supported by our global product managers
- Serve as the main central point of contact between Bravado and UMG’s international markets
- Ensure that merchandising deals are properly executed from the submission stage through to final artist approval
- Work with Bravado Artist Brand Managers to ensure artist brands are properly represented overseas
- Develop new merchandising opportunities in collaboration with UMG’s international offices
- Educate UMG’s international markets on merchandising business models and best practices to support local revenue growth
- Support and develop client pitches with international markets
- Candidates should be comfortable with consumer products and licensing retail business
- Speak to key markets to learn about current trends, the state of their markets and how they can be supported
- Manage reports and forecasts on large retail accounts
- Support and mentor 2 team members (International Product Managers). Be an escalation point when needed
- Work closely with the Bravado UK management team on international financial matters and reporting
- Demonstrable work experience in a similar senior role
- Experience presenting complex proposals, to new and existing partners; possess dynamic presentation skills
- Solid experience in managing international markets
- Proven track record in identifying market opportunities and approaching leads
- Have a good understanding of the music industry
- Excellent communication skills with people at all levels of the company
- Strong leadership and management skills as well as excellent business acumen to manage large projects as well as people
- Superior decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Recognized leader in setting direction and achieving goals
Bonus titles: your advantages
- Group personal pension plan (between 3% and 9%)
- Private medical insurance
- 25 days of paid annual leave
- Interest-free subscription loan
- Vacation Purchase Scheme
- Dental and travel insurance options
- Work-Cycle Program
- Wage Sacrifice Cars
- Subsidized gym membership
- Employee Discounts (Rewards Gateway)
Just so you know…
The company presents this job description as a guide to the main areas and functions for which the job holder is responsible. However, the business operates in an environment that demands change and the job holder’s specific responsibilities and activities will vary and grow. Therefore, the job description should be seen as indicative and not as a permanent, definitive and exhaustive statement.