Hello everyone! It’s me, Dan Casarella, your host for the Johns Creek Daily. Here’s what you need to know about what’s happening locally.
First, today’s weather forecast:
Shower and thunderstorm. High: 89 Low: 71.
Our local sponsor has great things to offer:
Looking to sell or buy a home in the Johns Creek area? Talk to Alan Horne of Weichert Vision. Alan has over 38 years of experience in three different countries selling homes and matching buyers with their dream home. His attention to detail and focus on his clients makes Alan so easy to work with, and based on his knowledge of the market in our area, he is a local resident and an expert you can trust. Call Alan at (678) 562-7158 for a free appraisal of your home or visit him here to learn more.
Want to see your business featured in this spot? Click here to start.
Here are today’s top three stories in and around Johns Creek:
- A resident of Johns Creek reported that a check was stolen from her mailbox and cashed. The woman said she wrote a check to United Lawn Care, LLC for a lawn maintenance payment and left it in her mailbox on Oxborough Way on June 3. The company informed her that she never received the check, which cleared on June 9. (Add media)
- In nearby Alpharetta, a woman lost $77,000 in a bank account scam over several months. According to the woman, she received an email claiming to be from a computer security company confirming a payment she had made. When the woman called the phone number given in the email, the man on the other end was able to access her bank account and, through a series of incidents, withdrew thousands of dollars from the account. of the wife and transferred the funds to “offshore accounts with a destination in Peru.” (Add media)
- Whether you love dogs or cats, there’s a four-legged friend waiting for you. Patch has compiled a list of the most cuddly and lovable animals in and around Johns Creek. Meet Tux, Benny, Sampson and many more by clicking on the link. Who knows, maybe you’ll take one home today. (Johns Creek Coin)
From our sponsor:
Are you a resident of Johns Creek looking for an investment alternative to the stock market?
Bloomberg recently asked experts where they would invest $100,000 right now, and many of them got the same answer: fine art.
Think you can’t afford a Picasso? Well, in 2012, Congress passed the JOBS Act, which allowed for the securing of works of art. A company called Masterpieces.io has built the largest platform for buying and selling art titles. In the past, you could only buy stocks from companies like Apple, but with this investing app, you can unlock this powerful investment.
This means that you can invest in stocks of million dollar works of art. And in these uncertain times, it turns out fine art can be a wise investment. Here’s why:
- Low correlation with equities according to Citi
- Contemporary art historically yields 23.2% when inflation is > 3%
- Contemporary art prices outperformed the S&P 500 by 164% (1995-2021)
To learn more, visit Masterpieces.iowhere Johns Creek Daily readers can skip the waiting list.
See Important Reg A Disclosures
Today in John’s Creek:
- I like big books and I can’t lie At the Ocee library (All day)
- Grateful Dan Duo (1st Friday) At Monkey Wrench Brewing (6:00 p.m.)
From my notebook:
More from our sponsors – please support the local news!
- 3 Hour Salsa Lessons in Atlanta – Beginner and Beyond Basics July 2 (July 2)
- 4th of July Weekend Latin Night Atlanta @ Tony’s John’s Creek July 2 (July 2)
- Seminar on social security (July 12)
- Add your event
Concerts and Services:
You are officially informed for today. I will see you soon!
— Dan Casarella
About me: Dan Casarella is a writer, podcast producer and small business development specialist who previously worked in late night television. He has produced numerous chat segments, including with President Joe Biden, Kobe Bryant and Chadwick Boseman. Dan studied Media Studies and Production at Temple University. He also enjoys running, painting, and the ups and downs of Philadelphia sports teams.